Online | Advanced Psychological First Aid in the Workplace | 11 July 2024
July 11 - 9:00 am - 1:30 pm$240.00
Online and Interactive Advanced Psychological First Aid in the Workplace Course
This advanced PFA program provides individuals and organisations with an in-depth understanding of PFA concepts and evidence-informed practises to improve workplace support for individuals following a traumatic event.
- Targeted PFA Model: RAPID (Reflective Listening, Assessment, Prioritisation, Intervention, and Disposition) – Learn to effectively implement this comprehensive model for providing targeted support in workplace settings. Dive into the nuances of injuries and potential trauma, suicide intervention, and the crucial role of compassion and self-care.
- Workplace-focused Sections: This program features specialised sections dedicated to enhancing the organisational response to trauma-related events, including critical incidents or cumulative work duties resulting in trauma. Gain valuable insights and strategies to optimise your workplace’s approach to psychological wellbeing.
What You Will Learn:
In this interactive blended program, you will learn:
- The History of Psychological First Aid: Explore the evolution of PFA and its significance in modern-day workplace interventions.
- Understanding Trauma: Develop a comprehensive understanding of trauma and its impact on individuals within the workplace context. Gain insights into the psychological, emotional, and physical dimensions of trauma.
- Critical Incident Workplace Response: Discover effective strategies for responding to critical incidents in the workplace. Learn to assess and manage immediate crisis situations while maintaining a supportive environment.
- Applying Psychological First Aid and Suicide Intervention: Master the application of PFA techniques in the aftermath of traumatic events. Acquire skills to identify warning signs, provide empathetic support, and connect individuals with appropriate resources.
- Wellbeing for Psychological First Aiders: Learn the essential principles of self-care and compassion to enhance your own wellbeing as a Psychological First Aider. Understand the importance of self-care and discover practical strategies to prevent vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue, or burnout.
Date and Time of Live Training: 11th July, 9:00 am-12:30 pm (VIC Time)
Zoom Training Link: Released one week before the course date
Important Participant Information:
- The format of this course includes up to 2 hours of facilitator-led self-paced pre-course work followed by a 1.5-hour online live workshop.
- The facilitator-led self-paced pre-course work is released one week before the live training.
- For early access requests, contact our team.
- Ensure you complete all the pre-work modules before attending the live training.
Private Workshops: For those preferring a closed session, we can organise an online or face-to-face private workshop for your team. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Terms and Conditions
- Refund Policy: Refund requests must be submitted a minimum of ten business days before the scheduled course date. After this period, the full fee becomes payable, and a $100 plus GST rescheduling fee applies.
- Rescheduling: Rescheduling requests made within ten business days of the scheduled course date will result in a $100 plus GST fee.
- Session Postponement: In the unlikely event that WorkPlace Interventions needs to postpone a session, all registered participants affected by the cancellation or postponement will have the option to transfer their registration to the next available session or select an alternative date.
- Acceptance of Terms: Acknowledges that requesting an invoice for payment constitutes a formal commitment to the booked ticket, and the 10-business-day cancellation or rescheduling policy applies.
- Refund Deductions: If you request a refund after your manual and/or eLearning has been dispatched, the cost will be deducted from the refund total.