This two-day interactive workshop will provide participants with practical tools to ensure they have the appropriate skills and knowledge to assist injured workers return to work in a timely, safe and sustainable manner.
Under the Workers Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013, an employer has an obligation to nominate and appoint a return to work coordinator who has an appropriate level of seniority and competency to perform their role.
WorkSafe Victoria highly recommends that the nominated coordinators complete the two-day role of a return to work coordinator training course, developed and endorsed by WorkSafe.
This training may also be of value to line managers, supervisors and health and safety representatives.
Who should attend:
This 2-day course is recommended for RTW Coordinators working under the WorkSafe Victoria Worker’s Compensation scheme. HR managers and anyone involved in the RTW process may also be interested in attending.
The course covers:
- The return to work process and the role of the RTW Coordinator.
- Legislative requirements under the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013.
- Role of the RTW coordinator, supervisor and injured worker and importance of consultation.
- Role of the agent/insurer in injury, claims and return to work management.
- Dispute prevention and resolution strategies.
- Key information that the RTW Coordinator will need to support and assist the employer and the injured worker.
- Skills to assist the RTW Coordinator better facilitate the return to work process.
- Responding to injury and liaison with the treating health practitioners.
- How to identify, negotiate and offer suitable duties to injured workers.
- Developing, monitoring and upgrading a return to work plan.
- Practical exercises which require active participation from attendees (e.g. completion of an RTW plan).
- How to effectively communicate with doctors and other treating professionals.
- Facilitating the return to work process including the development of return to work plans.
WorkPlace Interventions are an approved training provider who deliver the role of a return to work coordinator training.
All sessions are full day workshops starting at 9.00am and finishing approximately at 4.30pm. Lunch vouchers will be provided on each day.