- This event has passed.
Online | Vicarious Trauma and Post Traumatic Growth | 29 July
July 29 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$150
Vicarious trauma is a side effect of working with trauma survivors. This program identifies risk factors associated with vicarious traumatisation, compassion fatigue and burnout within an organisational setting.
Action following vicarious trauma is of paramount importance to the wellbeing of employees. In fact trauma can be transformational in the form of post-traumatic growth and vicarious resilience, a process that enables individuals to overcome traumatic situations through a strength-based approach, which is explored within this program.
There are compelling reasons to embed vicarious trauma mitigation strategies within organisations; from workforce retention, productivity, promoting the wellbeing of employees, and translating workforce wellbeing into optimal client outcomes and reducing social and economic impact.
- Understand risk factors and prevalence of compassion fatigue, burnout and vicarious trauma
- Enhanced knowledge of vicarious trauma, burnout and compassion fatigue protective factors
- Organisational impact on preventing or managing vicarious trauma
- Development of strategies to manage an individual’s mental health or skills for supporting others.
Is this course right for you?
If you work in a high risk organisation or a high risk role where employees are regularly exposed to potentially traumatic events. This course is also beneficial for wellbeing, health and safety staff and peer support workers.
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations or requests to reschedule can only be accepted up to 10 business days prior to the scheduled course date, otherwise, the full fee is payable. Rescheduling courses that fall within 10 business days of the scheduled course date will incur a fee.
- In the unlikely event that WorkPlace Interventions needs to postpone a session, all registered participants affected by a cancellation/postponement will be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available session or to choose an alternative date.