Psychological First Aid in the Workplace – 15 July
July 15 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$150
Psychological First Aid (PFA) is an evidence-based approach that helps to reduce the initial distress and assists employees affected by a potentially traumatic event to cope better in the days and weeks following a traumatic event, such as a critical workplace incident. Those trained in PFA can ensure safety, provide emotional comfort and support, and offer practical advice and assistance to address people’s immediate needs. Participants will learn core skills of PFA including simple psychological strategies and gain the confidence to help and support to co-workers affected by a trauma such as a workplace critical incident.
- Trauma awareness and PTSD prevalence rates
- Understanding the common workplace response to trauma
- Understanding what psychological first aid
- Application of psychological first aid in the workplace
- Awareness of risk factors and self care
This session has been designed for a range of frontline professionals and community volunteers including peer support officers, first responders, crisis response team members, and workplace managers and supervisors.