- This event has passed.
Youth MHFA Course | 16 & 17 November 2023
November 17 - 10:00 am - November 18 - 3:30 pm$249.00 – $340.00
Youth Mental Health First Aid Course (online)
This online Youth MHFA course equips adults who teach, care for, or support young people with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to recognise, understand and respond to a young person experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis.
Upon completion of this course you will learn how to:
- Mental health problems amongst the youth of Australia
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems in young people
- Use an evidence-based action plan to initiate a mental health first-aid conversation
- Assess for a range of crisis situations and provide initial support
- Understand the prevalence and impact of mental illnesses, risk factors and treatments and supports available
- Distinguish between normal and expected changes during adolescence and development of mental health problems
- Understand the scope of the Mental Health First Aider role and the medical rights of minors
- Apply self-care practices as a Mental Health First Aider
Who should attend Youth MHFA?
Professionals and members of the community at large have all found great value in MHFA over the years. The youth course is specifically targeted towards adults working with young people in the community. This includes teachers, case managers, youth workers, nurses, physicians, mental health professionals, pharmacists, counsellors, police, first responders, correctional staff, school support staff, clergy, and volunteers who have all found that Youth MHFA complements their existing training and knowledge. Other people attend simply because they want to help someone in need, in much the same way they might learn physical first aid. Because the training is comprehensive and does not rely on prior qualifications, anyone can have the same meaningful experience as a professional caregiver.
Date and Time of Live Training: 1/17 Nov 23
- Day 1 10:00 am-12:30 pm (VIC Time)
- Day 2 10:00 am-12:30 pm and 1:00 pm-3:30 pm (VIC Time)
Zoom Training Link: Released one week before the course date
Important Participant Information:
- Your eLearning is released one week before the scheduled course.
- Receive your hardy copy Youth MHFA manual through a redemption link in a separate email, sent one week before the scheduled course.
- For early access requests, contact our team.
- Ensure you complete the entire eLearning modules before attending the live training.
Private Workshops: For those who prefer a closed session, we can organise an online or face-to-face private workshop for your team. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Terms and Conditions
- Refund Policy: Refund requests must be submitted a minimum of ten business days before the scheduled course date. After this period, the full fee becomes payable, and a $170 plus GST rescheduling fee applies.
- Rescheduling: Rescheduling requests made within ten business days of the scheduled course date will result in a $170 plus GST fee.
- Session Postponement: In the unlikely event that WorkPlace Interventions needs to postpone a session, all registered participants affected by the cancellation or postponement will have the option to transfer their registration to the next available session or select an alternative date.
- Acceptance of Terms: Acknowledges that requesting an invoice for payment constitutes a formal commitment to the booked ticket, and the 10-business-day cancellation or rescheduling policy applies.
- Refund Deductions: If you request a refund after your manual and/or eLearning has been dispatched, the cost will be deducted from the refund total.
- MHFA eLearning Access: Strictly one eLearning access per person; if new access is required, this will be charged at the MHFA Australia rate of $110+GST.