Face-to-Face | WorkSafe Approved HSR Initial 5-Day Training | 20, 21, 26, 27 & 28 September 2022
September 20 - 9:00 am - September 28 - 5:00 pm$899
This fully online WorkSafe approved course will equip participants with the knowledge and practical skills to deal effectively with OHS issues within the workplace.
Over the five days, HSRs and Deputy HSRs will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and confidence to represent their designated workgroup and help make their workplace safer.
Further, this 5-day course will equip participants to:
- Interpret the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relation to the HSR
- Identify key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establish representation in the workplace
- Participate in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and direct the cessation of work
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is suited to newly elected HSRs and deputy HSRs and those wanting to refresh their knowledge of the 5-day course. Managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members and anyone interested in health and safety may also benefit from attending this course.
HSR initial OHS training course
- Under section 67 of the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act (the OHS Act) 2004 an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR and elected deputy HSR to attend a WorkSafe-approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs. Section 67 additionally allows HSRs to choose the course in consultation with their employer.
- To exercise powers and rights as an HSR effectively, it is essential that HSRs and deputy HSRs receive training. This WorkSafe-approved training course aims to provide HSRs with the skills, knowledge and confidence to represent their designated work group and to help provide a safer workplace.
An HSR’s employer is also able to request evidence of HSR attendance.
For any special needs, please phone 03 9346 9832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Five days over two separate weeks
Week 1 20, 21 September 2022
Week 2 26, 27, 28 September 2022
Session time: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (AEDT)
Location: Melbourne City College, Level 9/120 Spencer Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
*Complimentary tea and coffee, free high speed Wi-Fi, receptionist to greet on arrival as well as access to lounge and kitchen facility.
NB An employer can request a closed session which can be arranged either online or onsite, face to face. Contact us for further information.
IMPORTANT PARTICIPANT INFORMATION
Participants will receive an email one week before the scheduled course date, containing instructions and links to the online resources and daily Zoom sessions.
Terms and Conditions
1-Rescheduling courses within ten business days of the scheduled course date will incur a cost of $500 plus GST for the full 5 days. As per WorkSafe Victoria’s Condition of Approval, to receive the WorkSafe Approved Certificate of Attendance, participants must attend all five days; any missed days must be made up within six months of the initial course date. Each makeup day will incur a cost of $200 plus GST.
2- If you have purchased the online training, you will receive an email one week prior to the scheduled course date, which contains the link to the course and instructions on how to complete the pre-course work and how to join the live Zoom training.
3- In the unlikely event that WorkPlace Interventions needs to postpone a session, all registered participants affected by a cancellation/postponement will be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available session or to choose an alternative date.
4- All attendees must be fully vaccinated and sign in with the QR code, with a digital COVID-19 vaccine certificate connected to the Service Victoria App.
5- Any cancellations or rescheduling requests (outside our standard terms and conditions detailed above) that has occurred as a result of COVID-19 close contact or positive test isolation requirements; will not qualify for a refund of training, and will only qualify for rescheduling fee reduced/waived if proof of isolation requirements is provided to the training organisation. The reschedule fee can not be waived if day of training notice is received.
6- By accepting these terms and conditions, you accept and acknowledge that requesting an invoice for payment is a formal commitment to the booked ticket and the 10 business days for cancelling/rescheduling applies.