- This event has passed.
Online WorkSafe Approved HSR Initial 5-Day Training | 17,18,19, 26, 27 Nov 2021
November 17, 2020 - 9:00 am - November 27, 2020 - 5:00 pm$980
This WorkSafe approved course will equip participants with the knowledge and practical skills to deal effectively with OHS issues within the workplace.
5-Days (over 2 weeks)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suited to newly elected HSRs and deputy HSRs, as well as those wanting to refresh their knowledge of the 5-day course. Managers and supervisors will also benefit from undertaking this course, as well as anyone with interest in workplace health and safety.
Under section 67 of the OHS Act 2004 an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR to attend a WorkSafe approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs.
Section 67 also allows HSRs to choose the approved training course in consultation with their employer.
When a HSR is first elected, it’s recommended that they undertake an initial training course as soon as possible. Deputy HSRs also have an entitlement to this training.
A HSR employer is also able to request evidence of HSR attendance.
This WorkSafe approved course provides HSRs and Deputy HSRs with the skills, knowledge and confidence to represent their designated work group and to help make their workplace safer. Further, this 5-day course will equip participants to:
- Interpret the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relation to the HSR
- Identify key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establish representation in the workplace
- Participate in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated workgroup members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and direct the cessation of work
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations or requests to reschedule can only be accepted up to 10 business days prior to the scheduled course date, otherwise, the full fee is payable. Rescheduling courses that fall within 10 business days of the scheduled course date will incur a fee of $200 plus GST.
- Participant have 6 months at complete any make-up days from date of missed session or else the entire program is required to be done.
- In the unlikely event that WorkPlace Interventions needs to postpone a session, all registered participants affected by a cancellation/postponement will be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available session or to choose an alternative date.