Online | Mental Health Essentials for Managers | 24 September
September 24 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$150
Despite research confirming the relationship between mentally healthy employees, engagement and productivity, mental illness and stress remain a substantial cost to organisations (in the form of presenteeism, absenteeism, turnover and WorkCover). Most recently a ground-breaking study carried out by Price WaterHouse Coopers demonstrated a $2.30 return on every $1.00 spent on the proactive implementation of effective mental health strategies and training. This targeted training will assist organisations to address the most common challenges that people managers are likely to encounter, from recognising the early warning signs of poor mental health to managing the complexities of workplace legal obligations around managing mental health.
- Facts about mental health in Australia
- Recognising early warning signs
- Having a supportive conversation when discussing mental health issues with workers
- Understanding the legal obligations around privacy, discrimination and reasonable adjustments
- Managing team impact and making reasonable adjustments to people’s roles
- Tips to manage your own mental health.
Is this course right for you?
This course is suitable for any managers and supervisors who are responsible for the wellbeing and productivity of others.
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations or requests to reschedule can only be accepted up to 10 business days prior to the scheduled course date, otherwise, the full fee is payable. Rescheduling courses that fall within 10 business days of the scheduled course date will incur a fee.
- In the unlikely event that WorkPlace Interventions needs to postpone a session, all registered participants affected by a cancellation/postponement will be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available session or to choose an alternative date.