Mental Health Essentials for Managers – 11 March
March 11, 2021 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$150
With one in five Australians experiencing a mental illness in any one year, it is crucial that people managers are equipped to intervene and support those in their team who may be experiencing mental ill health. This course addresses the most common challenges that people managers are likely to encounter, from recognising the early warning signs of poor mental health to managing the complexities of workplace legal obligations around managing mental ill health.
- Understand the prevalence rates of mental health conditions and the impact on the workplace
- Learn about common workplace mental injuries including signs and symptoms
- Identify skills to apply an early intervention approach in identifying and implementing reasonable adjustments
- Effective communication skills for having a supportive conversation with employees and encouraging help seeking behaviour
- Acknowledge the demands placed on people managers with a focus on staying mentally well and the importance of self care and “practicing what you preach”.
Is this course right for you?
This course is suitable for any managers and supervisors who are responsible for the wellbeing and productivity of others.