Manslaughter, What it Means and How to be Compliant – 19 May
May 19 - 9:30 am - 11:00 am$100
Manslaughter, What it Means and How to be Compliant
With the aim of combating workplace fatalities, four states in Australia have enacted legislation to criminalise workplace manslaughter, with the State of Victoria becoming the latest. The laws make negligent conduct that causes workplace fatalities a criminal offence, punishable with severe penalties.
This training will equip participants with the knowledge, skills and practices needed to prepare for the Workplace Manslaughter law and minimise fatalities.
Key topics include:
- An overview of Workplace Manslaughter legislation and employer liability
- Raising awareness about the new laws and their implications for all workers, including contractors
- Addressing challenges and safety roadblocks identified by employees – how can leaders mitigate these?
- Risk management and elimination in high-risk industries – what is reasonably practicable?
- Mental health, workplace manslaughter and the connection that ties them together