Having Difficult Conversations – 15 September
September 15 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$150
Difficult conversations are often characterised by emotions such as fear, anger, frustration, conflict, and other strong dividing; not unifying emotions. Given that we all face difficult conversations at some stage in our lives, these conversations can arise in a variety of situations including performance management, discipline, personal issues, interpersonal conflict and customer service. Successfully dealing with difficult conversations is a key skill for all employees, especially those responsible for managing employees or difficult clients. Having difficult conversations may never be easy, but this session will explore ways to make those conversations both productive and as success as possible.
- Harnessing self awareness including ways to improve perception and bias
- Confront difficult issues directly while maintaining relationships
- Identify and use strategies in managing different types of difficult conversations
- Effective ways to mitigate difficult interactions and achieve optimal outcomes
- Turn a negative into a positive
- Plan for a difficult conversation
Is this course right for you?
This course is designed to help people navigate difficult conversations, meaning it has value for workers of industries and levels.