- This event has passed.
Face-to-Face | Mental Health First Aid Accredited Training | 20 & 21 November
November 20 - 9:30 am - November 21 - 5:00 pm$249.00 – $460.00
Mental Health First Aid empowers communities by equipping people with the knowledge and confidence to recognise, connect and respond to someone experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis.
What You Will Learn:
- Mental health problems in Australia
- Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Mental health illnesses including depression, anxiety problems and psychosis and substance use problems
- Mental health crises including suicidal thoughts, non-suicidal self-injury, panic attack, severe psychotic state, and aggressive behaviour.
- Reasonable adjustments and understanding of legislation associated with supporting workplace mental illness.
Who should attend MHFA?
Professionals and members of the community at large have all found great value in MHFA over the years. Nurses, physicians, mental health professionals, pharmacists, teachers, counsellors, youth workers, police, first responders, correctional staff, school support staff, clergy, and volunteers have all found that MHFA complements their existing training and knowledge. Other people attend simply because they want to help someone in need, in much the same way they might learn physical first aid. Because the training is comprehensive and does not rely on prior qualifications, anyone can have the same meaningful experience as a professional caregiver.
Join us on
November 20 & 21 2023
9.30 am to 5.00 pm on both days
WorkPlace Interventions, Level 11/ 456 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne CBD, 3000.
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Access to a lounge and kitchen facility
If you prefer a closed session, we can arrange an onsite workshop for your team. Please feel free to get in touch with us for further information.
MHFAider Competency Program – 1 Year Access!
Following your mental health first aid course, MHFI becomes your essential resource for skill enhancement and confidence building. It transcends mere information, serving as a vibrant community dedicated to making a tangible impact on mental health. Whether you’re a first aider, manager, HR professional, or hold any role, MHFI provides practical guidance for proactive steps, early interventions, and adept risk management. It stands as the natural progression for individuals committed to championing mental health in the corporate landscape.(https://mhfignite.com/).
Interested but want more information: https://workplaceinterventions.com.au/event/online-1-year-access-2024/
Your 1 year access will be activated at the time of purchase, and your credentials will be delivered promptly via email.
Terms and Conditions
1) Refund requests must be submitted a minimum of ten calendar days prior to the scheduled course date. After this deadline, the full fee becomes payable, and a rescheduling fee will be applied.
2) Rescheduling requests made within ten calendar days of the scheduled course date will result in a fee of $250 plus GST.
3) In the unlikely event that WorkPlace Interventions needs to postpone a session, all registered participants affected by the cancellation or postponement will have the option to transfer their registration to the next available session or select an alternative date.
4) Acceptance of these terms and conditions signifies your acknowledgment that requesting an invoice for payment constitutes a formal commitment to the booked ticket, and the 10-calendar-day cancellation or rescheduling policy applies.
5) If you request a refund after your manual and/or pre-work information has been dispatched, the cost will be deducted from the refund total.
6) MHFI purchases are non-refundable and are subject to adherence to the community guidelines, which can be found at this link: https://mhfignite.com/community-guidelines/