- This event has passed.
2-Day Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) | 13 & 14 November
November 13 - 9:30 am - November 14 - 5:00 pm$249.00 – $560.00
ASIST – The Most Widely Used Suicide Intervention Model in the World
Unlock the power to save lives with ASIST – the world’s leading suicide intervention model! If you’re in an MHFA role, peer support, casework, crisis work, or just want to help someone in need, this is the workshop for you. Join the over 120,000 participants who attend ASIST each year and learn how to intervene and help a person at risk of suicide stay safe.
What You Will Learn:
In this two-day face-to-face interactive workshop, you will learn how to:
- Reflect on how your attitudes and beliefs about suicide affect your intervention role
- Clearly and directly discuss suicide
- Build a collaborative approach to intervention focused on safe outcomes
- Review immediate suicide risk and develop appropriate safe plans
- Support the person to move towards life and collaboratively formulate a safety plan
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
What to Expect:
- The program aims to raise suicide awareness
- It challenges participants to examine their own attitudes and beliefs about suicide
- ASIST teaches how to initiate conversations about suicide
- It teaches how to provide suicide first aid for persons with thoughts of suicide
- The course content and participant requirements may be confronting
- Videos and activities are used to invite reflection on the role of caregivers and persons with thoughts of suicide
- Our facilitators will endeavour to create and maintain a safe environment for all
- There will be safety measures in place to manage individual psychological safety including a ‘thumbs up’ rule
- There will be a minimum of one facilitator present during the duration of the program
Who Should Attend ASIST?
Professionals and members of the community at large have all found great value in ASIST over the years. Nurses, physicians, mental health professionals, pharmacists, teachers, counsellors, youth workers, police, first responders, correctional staff, school support staff, clergy, and volunteers have all found that ASIST complements their existing training and knowledge. Ultimately, ASIST is founded on the principle that everyone can make a difference in preventing suicide.
Organisational Requirements and Recommendations:
It’s important to note that organisations are now recognising the importance of suicide intervention training as part of their duty of care towards their employees and clients. In addition, many psychosocial regulation requirements mandate that key personnel must have the skills to intervene and assist people at risk of suicide. ASIST is the most widely recognised and evidence-based suicide intervention training model that is trusted by organisations globally to equip their employees with the knowledge and skills to intervene and save lives.
By attending ASIST, you’ll not only be fulfilling your duty of care obligations, but you’ll also be gaining invaluable skills that will enable you to make a positive difference in someone’s life. With ASIST, you’ll have the power to help someone stay safe and move towards life.
Join us on
November 13 & 14 2023
9.30 am to 5.00 pm on both days
WorkPlace Interventions, Level 11/ 456 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne CBD, 3000.
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Access to a lounge and kitchen facility
If you prefer a closed session, we can arrange an onsite workshop for your team. Please feel free to get in touch with us for further information.
1 Year MHFI Access: Empower Growth, Safety, and Self-Care for Mental Health Advocates
Embark on an empowering journey with a 1-year access to Mental Health Friends Ignite (MHFI), thoughtfully designed for individuals in roles that require mental health conversations. Immerse yourself in exclusive weekly content drops, live practise sessions, and interactive forums; enhancing your mental health acumen and communication finesse. Cultivate vital connections, participate in focused discussions, and join dynamic, like-minded groups. Beyond personal enrichment, MHFI seamlessly integrates into organisational prevention strategies, adhering to psychosocial regulations and safeguarding the wellbeing of at-risk staff. Elevate your wellbeing through monthly evidence-informed wellbeing challenges and a dedicated self-care corner, nurturing holistic growth (https://mhfignite.com/).
Your 1 year access will be activated at the time of purchase, and your credentials will be delivered promptly via email.
Terms and Conditions
1) Refund requests must be submitted a minimum of ten calendar days prior to the scheduled course date. After this deadline, the full fee becomes payable, and a rescheduling fee will be applied.
2) Rescheduling requests made within ten calendar days of the scheduled course date will result in a fee of $325 plus GST.
3) In the unlikely event that WorkPlace Interventions needs to postpone a session, all registered participants affected by the cancellation or postponement will have the option to transfer their registration to the next available session or select an alternative date.
4) The accrediting board, LivingWorks, does not permit makeup sessions. If an attendee misses a training day, they must rebook and retake the entire 2-Day course, incurring a $450 fee.
5) Acceptance of these terms and conditions signifies your acknowledgment that requesting an invoice for payment constitutes a formal commitment to the booked ticket, and the 10-calendar-day cancellation or rescheduling policy applies.
6) MHFI purchases are non-refundable and are subject to adherence to the community guidelines, which can be found at this link: https://mhfignite.com/community-guidelines/