WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This WorkSafe approved HSR Refresher OHS Training Course is an opportunity to revisit aspects of the HSR Initial OHS Training course and refresh knowledge of the role of a HSR.
Under section 67 of the OHS Act 2004 an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR to attend a WorkSafe approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs.
Section 67 also allows HSRs to choose the approved training course in consultation with their employer.
When a HSR is first elected, it’s recommended that they undertake an initial training course as soon as possible. Deputy HSRs also have an entitlement to this training.
A HSR employer is also able to request evidence of HSR attendance.
This WorkSafe approved course provides HSRs and Deputy HSR to refresh their knowledge of:
- the value of HSRs to workplace safety
- the importance of consultation
- hazards and risk management, including how to determine levels of risk and controls
- issue resolution processes
- the role of inspectors
- the legislative framework and the OHS Act 2004
- what is reasonably practicable
- issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices